Tip #4 Get the Witnesses’ Details
Witness Testimony – One of the Most Important Types of Evidence
In any personal injury claim, having the weight of evidence on your side is the key to winning maximum compensation. One of the most important types of evidence is witness testimony.
Contact Information to Collect from Witnesses
- Telephone number
- Anyone who may have seen the accident
- Anyone who may have heard the accident
- Anyone who may known anything else about your injuries
This is all the information you need to collect for now. To help with your claim, your attorneys will need detailed statements about what witnesses saw and remember. You can let your attorneys handle this part of the process for you. The key is to make sure that they will know who to talk to and how to get in touch with them.
Who Is a Witness?
What do we mean by “witnesses”? It’s more people than you might initially think. When we say that you should obtain witnesses’ contact information, we are referring to:
- Do not rely on the police to collect this information for you. In many cases, the police will not take statements from the witnesses, and even if they do, it is unlikely that they will talk to everyone who has information that might be able to help your claim for financial compensation.
- This is not a time to be shy. With your health and potentially your financial future on the line, you want as much evidence on your side as possible. Witness testimony is often key to securing maximum compensation. So, approach witnesses, ask them for a business card or to tell you their contact information, and then they can go about their day.
- Keep Witnesses’ Information in a Secure Location If your case goes to trial, it can be years down the road before you may need a witness to testify. As a result, it is critical to keep witnesses’ information in a safe and secure location where you can find it when you need it. When you work with the attorneys at McKiggan Hebert Lawyers, our firm will store this information for you so that you don’t have to worry about losing it.
Get Started on Your Personal Injury Claim with a Free Consultation
If you have been injured in an accident and believe someone else may be to blame, our attorneys can help you fight for just compensation. You may be entitled to a financial recovery for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses – but if you don’t act now you may lose your right to compensation. To get started with a free consultation and take advantage of our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, call our Halifax, Nova Scotia law offices at (888) 510-3577 or send us an email today.