Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Halifax Helping Victims Win Compensation
Pedestrians and motorists can safely share the road by complying with local traffic laws. Unfortunately, many people fail to follow the rules of the road, which is why there are so many pedestrian accidents every year in Halifax.
Many vehicle-pedestrian collisions happen in crosswalks, but the truth is that these accidents can occur anywhere. If you have been injured while walking in Halifax, you may be entitled to compensation from the at-fault party, but obtaining this compensation won’t be as easy. That’s why you should turn to the experienced pedestrian accident lawyers at McKiggan Hebert for help.
Let our team of skilled personal injury lawyers fight for the compensation you deserve. Call our law firm at 902-423-2050 to schedule a free consultation and learn more about your legal options.
How Do Pedestrian Accidents Occur?
Pedestrian accidents can occur for a number of different reasons. Some of the most common causes of car-pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Failing to comply with traffic laws
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Refusing to yield to pedestrians, even in designated areas like crosswalks
If you have been injured by a negligent driver, you could be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Let our lawyers review your case and explain your legal options today.
What Are Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
Pedestrians are not protected by airbags, seat belts, or other safety features, so they often sustain serious injuries when they are involved in an accident. Some of the most common injuries sustained in pedestrian accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal injuries.
All of these injuries can lead to long-term consequences that continue to affect the victim for the rest of their life.
What Should You Do After A Pedestrian Accident in Halifax?
No one ever expects to get hit by a car while walking in Halifax, but it could happen to anyone at any time. If you are injured while walking, here are the steps you need to take to protect your rights:
- Call the police immediately after the accident. Do not leave the scene.
- If possible, gather evidence at the scene by taking photos and asking witnesses for their contact information.
- Seek medical treatment right away. If you are seriously injured, seek emergency medical attention at the scene of the accident. Otherwise, seek medical attention immediately after leaving the scene even if your injuries do not seem severe.
- Follow your doctor’s orders regarding follow-up appointments, treatments, work restrictions, and prescription medications. Keep records of your medical documents.
- Document your injuries by taking photos of visible wounds. You should also document your mental and physical recovery in an injury journal.
- Seek legal representation from an experienced pedestrian injury lawyer at McKiggan Hebert.
Our pedestrian accident lawyers have helped countless clients in Halifax recover the compensation they deserve for their injuries. Now, we are ready to help you seek justice. Let us work tirelessly to hold the at-fault party financially accountable and secure the compensation you need to move forward.
Why Should You Hire A Pedestrian Accident Lawyer?
Recovering compensation is never easy—especially if you are trying to recover from serious injuries sustained in a pedestrian accident. That’s why it’s in your best interest to let our lawyers handle your legal claim while you focus on making a full recovery.
At McKiggan Hebert, our lawyers will help you obtain compensation by:
- Investigating the accident to determine how it occurred
- Gathering evidence we need to prove liability
- Calculating the value of your claim
- Negotiating with the at-fault party’s insurance company
- Overcoming disputes that may arise over liability and the severity of your injuries
- Taking your case to court if a settlement cannot be reached
Learn more about how we can help by scheduling a free consultation with McKiggan Hebert today.
Schedule A Free Case Evaluation With Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Have you been injured in a pedestrian accident? If so, seek legal representation from the experienced pedestrian accident lawyers at McKiggan Hebert. Our team has helped countless pedestrians seek justice and recover the compensation they are entitled to by law. Now, let us work tirelessly to reach the best possible outcome in your case.
Learn more about your legal options during a free consultation with our team. To schedule a free consultation, contact McKiggan Hebert at 902-423-2050 or submit your information using the form on this website right away.