Father George Smith (St. George’s Diocese NL & Diocese of Charlottetown, PEI)
Father George Smith was ordained in 1969 by the Bishop of St. George’s Diocese NL.
- 1971-72: Holy Family, Port Saunders, Newfoundland.
- 1973-1974: St. Stephen’s Church, Stephenville, Newfoundland.
- June 1986-May 1991: Immaculate Conception, Deer Lake, Diocese of St. George’s NL
- 1992: Immaculate Conception, Deer Lake, NL
- 1994: Star of the Sea , Benoit’s Cove, NL (Diocese St. George’s)
- 1995 – 1998: Transferred to PEI to Charlottetown
- 1999 – 2000: St. Pius X parish, Charlottetown, PEI. (Incardinated in the Diocese of Charlottetown, PEI.)
- 2010: Suspended following criminal investigation into allegations of sexual abuse.
If you have a complaint involving Father George Smith and would like more information about your legal options, you can request a free copy of our book, The Survivor’s Guide to Abuse Compensation Claims by contacting us through this website. You can also contact John McKiggan online or call us toll free in Atlantic Canada at (888) 510-3577.
Here is some helpful information about How to Find the Best Trial Lawyer for Your Case.