Monsignor Bernard Prince (Pembroke, Ontario Diocese)
Bernard Prince was ordained by the Bishop of the Diocese of Pembroke, Ontario in 1964.
- 1964: Studies in Rome
- 1983: Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops Ottawa
- 1985-1986: Wilno, Ontario
- 1988: St. Augustine’s Seminary (Archdiocese of Toronto)
- 1991: Ontario Pontifical Missions Societies (Diocese of Pembroke)
- 1992: Rome (Incardinated in Pembroke)
- 2001 – 2006: Rome (Incardinated in Pembroke)
Guilty of Sexual Abuse
In January 2008 Prince pleaded guilty and was sentenced to four years in prison for sexually abusing 13 young boys in claims dating back to the 1960's.
In May 2009 the Pope took the unusual step of laicizing (defrocking) Prince.
In September 2010 Prince was released on parole.
Want More Information?
If you have a complaint involving Bernard Prince and would like further information about your legal options, you can request a free copy of our book, The Survivor’s Guide to Abuse Compensation Claims by contacting us through this website. You can contact John McKiggan online or you can call us toll free in Atlantic Canada at (888) 510-3577.