Welcome to McKiggan Hebert
Legally, we are not allowed to say we are the Best Personal Injury Lawyers in Nova Scotia. No one can. You will need to judge for yourself.
But we can say:
- We have been nominated by Canadian Lawyer magazine for their annual Top 10 Personal Injury Law Firms in Canada list;
- We have been named by Best Lawyers International;
- We have been included in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Guide; and
- We have been recognized as a local litigation star by Benchmark Litigation Canada.
How to Find the Best Injury Lawyer for your Case
We have filled this website with educational material to help you decide how to find the best lawyer for your case.
So before you call your insurance company or talk to an insurance adjuster, before you sign any forms, before you speak to a lawyer for your personal injury claim:
- Order one of our Free Public Legal Education Guides ;
- Take a few minutes to watch one of our educational videos ;
- Get a copy of our free consumer report: How to Find the Best Trial Lawyer in Nova Scotia;
- Or just give us a call to get some more information that may help you.
Peace of Mind
Halifax injury lawyers John McKiggan Q.C. , Brian Hebert and Mark Raftus help provide peace of mind to innocent victims who have been injured by medical malpractice , birth injuries , car accidents, or sexual abuse claims.
We are so confident in the information and services we provide to our personal injury clients that we offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you decide you want to hire us for your personal injury claim, and we agree to represent you, we provide a written satisfaction guarantee!
For details call our office at 902-423-2050 and ask for a copy of our “Client Choice Fee Program”. There is no law firm anywhere in Atlantic Canada (or the rest of Canada for that matter) that we am aware of that offers a similar guarantee in writing!
At McKiggan Hebert, we only take cases that we truly believe have merit and meet our rigorous selection criteria. When we commit to your case, our whole team works together on your behalf to achieve the best result in the most favourable time frame.
A Trusted Source of Legal Information
The partners at McKiggan Hebert have been featured or interviewed in news reports by these local and national news sources:
- Medical Malpractice Claims against Doctors Continue to Drop: But is it because of improvements in medical care? What is the CMPA? The Canadian Medical Protective Association represents almost every doctor in
- Are Overworked Nurses Causing Medical Errors? Are staffing demands putting patient safety at risk? Last week the media reported two stories of
- 4 Reasons to Hire a Lawyer Immediately after a Wrongful Death and Why you Don't have to Worry about making a mistake By Brian Hebert I wrote this article after seeing news of yet another fatal injury in our Province.
- PEDESTRIAN - CAR COLLISIONS: AN EPIDEMIC IN NOVA SCOTIA "Are there more car-pedestrian collisions than usual in Halifax?" I was having this discussion with
- Sex Assault Acquittal Highlights Differences in Burden of Proof Between Criminal and Civil Claims Burden of proof A recent decision from the Supreme Court of Nova Scotia provides a clear example of
- Ghomeshi-Cosby Accusations Highlight Differences Between Canada-US Sex Assault Laws Jian Ghomeshi criminal charges There are few Canadians that haven't heard about the sexual assault