Sexual Abuse Compensation Claims
Child abuse studies have reported some frightening statistics. 1 in 3 females and 1 in 6 males in Canada report experiencing some form of sexual abuse before age 17!Fear and Trauma Prevents Disclosure
Many children who have been abused do not tell their parents or family members until many years after the abuse occurred (if ever). Many children are traumatized to the point that they are not able to remember the abuse until much later in life. In some cases, even if the child informs his or her parents about the abuse, the child's parents are unwilling or unable to take any steps to report the abuse.
Since most pedophiles are repeat offenders, failing to notify the authorities about sexual abuse allows sexual predators to continue to subject other children to sexual abuse.Invisible Scars
Childhood abuse almost always results in long term psychological, emotional and physical damage and can cause long terms problems including difficulty in relationships, substance abuse and loss of education and income earning potential.You Are Not Alone
Legally, we are not allowed to say we are the Best Sexual Abuse lawyers in Halifax, Nova Scotia. No one can. You will need to judge for yourself.
But before you hire a lawyer for your abuse claim; take a few minutes to watch our educational videos, order your free copy of Breaking the Silence: The Survivor's Guide to Abuse Claims or just give us a call to get some more information that may help you.
McKiggan Hebert Lawyers has received significant recognition acting for victims of sexual abuse. We are sensitive to the unique needs and problems associated with childhood abuse.
We will help put you in touch with survivors of childhood abuse, victims groups and medical experts who devote their practice to dealing with victims of sexual abuse.
A victim of sexual assault who wants to pursue the matter through the justice system has two options: the criminal justice system and the civil justice. Criminal proceedings are intended to punish an accused that is found guilty of criminal misconduct. On the other hand, civil claims for compensation are designed to address the needs of the victim. The court attempts to compensate the victim for the harm caused by the intentional, abusive or negligent acts of the defendant.Educating Survivors About Their Legal Options
John McKiggan wrote Breaking the Silence:The Survivor's Guide to Abuse Compensation Claims to answer many of the common questions survivors have about criminal charges, lawsuits and what the court can do to help survivors of childhood abuse.Contact Us If You Need Help!
If you or your family have suffered as a result of childhood sexual abuse, you can call McKiggan Hebert Lawyers toll free in Atlantic Canada at (888) 510-3577 or contact us online for a free copy of John McKiggan's book, The Survivor's Guide to Abuse Compensation Claims. For more information you can also take a look at John McKiggan's Sexual Abuse Claims Blog.More Important Information About Sexual Abuse Claims
- Kenneth Estabrooks Abuse Lawsuit
- Reverend Robert Joseph McDougall
- Kenneth Estabrooks (Saint John NB)
- Sexual Abuse by Priests and Other Clergy
- Father Hugh Vincent MacDonald (Antigonish Diocese)
- Father Clair Richard (Antigonish Diocese)
- Father Claude Richard (Antigonish Diocese)
- Father James Mombourquette (Antigonish Diocese)
- Father Raoul Deveau (Yarmouth Diocese)
- Father John Mitchell (Anglican Diocese of Nova Scotia & P.E.I.)
- Father Levi Noel (Bathurst Diocese)
- Father Charles Picot (Bathurst Diocese)
- Father William Hodgson Marshall
- Father Philip Jacobs (Victoria B.C. Diocese)
- Father Bernard Cloutier (Diocese of Sault Ste. Marie)
- Father Donald Grecco (St. Catherine's Ontario Diocese)
- Monsignor Bernard Prince (Pembroke, Ontario Diocese)
- Archbishop Seraphim Storheim (Orthodox Church in America)
- Father George Smith (St. George's Diocese NL & Diocese of Charlottetown, PEI)
- Father Albert LeBlanc (Yarmouth Diocese)
- Breaking the Silence: The Survivor's Guide to Sexual Abuse Claims (Free Book for Abuse Survivors)
- Maritime Directory of Services for Survivors of Sexual Abuse (Free Resource Directory)
- Legal Options for Sexual Abuse Victims
- Repressed Memory
- Sexual Abuse by Catholic Priests: Can a Diocese be Held Responsible for Abuse?
- Statute of Limitations in a Sexual Abuse Case
- The Psychological Assessment: Proving Harm in Abuse Claims
- Who Do I Sue: Vicarious Liability for Sexual Abuse Claims