Annual End Distracted Driving Scholarship
2018 Scholarship Application
*The 2017 application period is now closed. We’ll be contacting the winner shortly.*
McKiggan Hebert Lawyers End Distracted Driving Scholarship
ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant is currently enrolled at or accepted to an accredited university, college, or polytechnic in Canada at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Applicant demonstrates academic achievement as reflected by a cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Applicant is willing to share his or her story with the general public. If applicant wishes to remain anonymous, all effort will be made to withhold the applicant’s identity and protect his or her anonymity.
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must submit by August 1, 2018:
- A completed Scholarship Application Form.
- A 1-page typed essay about your experience with Distracted Driving, how your experience with Distracted Driving has impacted you and how you have overcome related struggles.
- An official copy of high school or university transcripts for all schools attended.
- The award recipient will be notified of selection on or about August 17, 2018.
- The award recipient will provide Proof of Citizenship or Legal Residency in Canada (i.e. birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, etc.) in order to obtain the scholarship.
- This scholarship is to be used exclusively for higher education tuition and related expenses. A check for $1,000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s university to cover these expenses. The recipient is expected to submit receipts in accordance with CRA regulations.
DEADLINE: Completed applications must be submitted no later than August 1, 2018. Application materials should be mailed to:
McKiggan Hebert Lawyers, Attn: Scholarship Committee
5670 Spring Garden Rd, Suite 903
Halifax, NS B3J 1H6
Click here to download the End Distracted Driving Scholarship application.
- 2018 Distracted Driving Scholarship Winner – Owen Falkenham
- 2017 Distracted Driving Scholarship Winner – Peter Ordinelli
- 2016 Distracted Driving Scholarship Winner – Nicole Spence
- 2015 Distracted Driving Scholarship Winner: Nicole Havers – Acadia University in Wolfville, Nova Scotia